Monday 5 August 2013

Hey Soul Sister! :)




"A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same..."
 - Elbert Hubbard

I believe the lines above resonate with many people out there who share that special bond called friendship that is a boon to human beings. That one person in the entire populace that stands out. The one person who is beside you through thick and thin, who protects you, who is with you when you're feeling down, who doesn't give up on you no matter what, someone who will have your back and keep an eye out for you. I am delighted to pen down my thoughts about the soul sister in my life, who also happens to be my sister in real life - Sabah.
We may be like chalk and cheese in our behavior, but emotionally we are always on the same wavelength. She is my shoulder to lean on whenever I'm feeling low. I may lose faith in everyone in my life but never her. She's my rock. I think God gave me a blessing in disguise when he created my sister. Our souls are bound by an inexplicable and unbreakable bond that is quite rare these days. I remember when during my school days, she was the one who used to stick up for me whenever I was in trouble. Whenever I was bullied by any of my classmates, she was the one who would enter into a confrontation with them to protect me. To this date she swears that she would be ready to go to battle for me if someone ever so much as laid a finger on me. In that way, she's like a brother to me. When I fall sick, she nurses me back to good health making sure I'm okay. She is my advisor on all things trivial and important. Whether it be what to wear to work the next day or how to face the problems in my life.
The connection that we have is almost cosmic. There are times when she says exactly what is going on in my mind. There are times when we say the same things at once and laugh deliriously after it. Whenever there's something that is bothering me, she comes to know about it even if I don't spit it out. We almost always have the same opinions about things, people and situations in life. Though we may tackle them differently, we know when to lend support to the other. In that way, we are like pieces of the same puzzle who are incomplete without the other. I feel restless when I don't see her. I wait eagerly for the time the clock strikes 6 in the evening and I get off work because then I'll get to be with her. As soon a s I reach home, we meet each other as if we were never apart. The whole house swings with our joyous banter. Our camaraderie is something that I cherish a lot.  Like a naughty little brother I pick on her whenever I get the chance. When we're together we paint the town red. We're sweet when the need be and can be totally badass when the need arises. We share laughs, hopes and aspirations. She gives me courage just by being with me. Sometimes just sitting next to her is like the best therapy to me. I can't imagine my life without her. I dread the day when she gets married and starts a new life in new surroundings. As much as I would be elated to see her happy and settled, there's also this little part of me that never wants to let her go because she means so much to me than she'll ever know.
I feel that it would have been an irreparable and irrecoverable loss had I not known that there could be a love like ours, a kinship like ours. I feel extremely privileged that I got an opportunity to express just how strong a friendship can be. A blood tie that transcends to a beautiful and celestial relationship.

http://www.womensweb.in/articles/soul-sisters-friendship-day-contest/

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;